True or false?
1. Scientists have accurate historical temperature data. (Can we really predict future temperatures based on a relatively few years of reliable data?)
2. Temperature trends are meaningful and can be extrapolated. (Depending on the beginning & ending points you pick, you can prove that the earth's temperature has heated up 0.72 °C, 1.05 °C, or 1.87 °C over the last century.)
3. The IPCC (upon which the US government is basing its public policy) is a reliable authority and its reports are both correct and widely endorsed by credible scientists. (Lots of political influence by environmental activists. If you know beforehand what you want to prove, you can find data to back it up. Some scientists don't dare contradict the IPCC because it exerts powerful influence on the direction and funding of scientific research. Also, see video below.)
4. Al Gore asserts that sea levels will soon rise 6 meters. (The IPCC report itself says sea-levels have risen naturally in the past climate up to 7 m (23 ft) above today’s levels, and that would only be likely to happen again after several thousand years. In the next 100 years, sea levels may rise 2.5 inches.)
5. Peer-reviewed papers are true and accurate. (Studies were not replicated, nor did all the authors even reveal all their data for review.)
6. Human emissions of carbon dioxide have a greater effect on global warming than the sun's emissions. (Scientists say that CO2 enrichment would only account for perhaps 1 °F of global temperature increase over 100 years. Mars, Jupiter, Neptune’s largest moon, and Pluto all warmed at the same time as Earth warmed--that wasn't due to humans and CO2. In the past 70 years, the sun has been more active than at almost any other time in the past 11,400 years.)I could go on, but you can read more for yourself at sites like the Science and Public Policy Web site. You may be interested in reading 35 serious scientific errors or exaggerations in Al Gore's movie.
Are we really sure we should be spending trillions of dollars of public funding to stop global warming? Do really think man's puny efforts can turn around the earth's natural cycles?
Are we sure the earth is really warming?
Many scientists say that global warming halted ten years ago, and surface temperature has been falling for seven years. Not one of the computer models relied upon by the IPCC predicted so long and rapid a cooling.
The article "Another Ice Age?" in the Jun. 24, 1974 issue of Time magazine and the article "The Cooling World" in the April 28, 1975 issue of Newsweek magazine both reflected the common belief at the time that the globe was cooling. Now 35 years later, we say we were wrong and it's warming? How long before we believe again that there is a cooling crisis?
Sources of information on global cooling:
- Man-made Global Cooling
- Blogs about Global Cooling
- Evidence of Global Cooling
- Experts Warn of Global Cooling
- Will Widespread Global Cooling Reports Freeze Al Gore Media Credibility?
- Al Gore sued by over 30,000 Scientists for Global Warming fraud (the suit is lead by the man who founded The Weather Channel)