Starting at 8 a.m. Monday and continuing for the next 72 hours, a social media blitz will be launched with the hope of spreading Powell's image throughout the Internet. The three-pronged plan calls for doubling the number of friends on the "Friends and Family of Susan Powell" Facebook page, using Twitter (http://twitter.com/FindSusan) to spread the reward poster for Powell, and telling people about a Susan Powell YouTube channel through e-mail.
"We are asking those who are following to forward the e-mail on to at least five of their friends from their address book and include links to the Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube channels," said James Hofheins, one of the event organizers. "In the subject line, put 'Forward to five friends.' "
In conjunction with the social media blitz, a purple ribbon campaign will be launched to keep Powell in the public eye. Facebook users are being asked to change their profile pictures to a purple ribbon for Powell.Learn more about the social media blitz for missing Susan Powell.
Want to help? Here are suggestions from the Friends and Family of Susan Powell group:
- If you have a twitter account, follow @FindSusan (http://twitter.com/FindSusan) and then tweet about her with a link to the YouTube channel below, using the hashtag of #findsusan – please also ask your followers to retweet your message.
- At 8 AM, Mountain Standard Time on Monday, January 4, we will have a new video slideshow with new pictures of Susan. Please go to our Facebook page to get the direct link to the video. If you follow us on Twitter (@FindSusan), we’ll also be tweeting the link throughout the Blitz. The official YouTube channel for this video and other videos about Susan is: http://www.youtube.com/susanpowellsearch
- Here is the link to Susan’s missing poster: http://bit.ly/4ppWVz - just scroll down to her posters. Again, please memorize Susan’s face and look around right where you are. If you see her, please note her location and condition and call 9-1-1 immediately. There is a $10,000 reward for finding her. Please also consider printing out a few and posting them at your local supermarket and other places nearby.
- Ask your friends to email firstname.lastname@example.org with “I want to help” in the subject line. If there’s a specific service you can provide for us, if and when the time comes that we can use that help, we’ll email you and let you know.
- Email 5 of your email contacts with the contents of this message and “Find Susan Powell – Please forward to 5 people” in the subject line. We’re not asking you to spam your friends, family and co-workers. Just email 5 people and if you choose to add more than 5, that’s great.
- Blog about Susan and our efforts to find her. Include the links in this email to help spread the word.
- Join us on the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook Page here: http://bit.ly/findsusan
- Before, during and after the Find Susan Social Media Blitz, remember to tie a ribbon or wear a purple ribbon for "Susan's Purple Ribbon Campaign". This will increase the awareness and support for finding Susan and help give hope and support to Susan's family and friends!
- You can also pray for Susan and her friends and family.