A few key findings:
- One third of the world’s population is online. 45% of Internet users are below the age of 25.
- With 7 billion people on earth, there are almost 6 billion active mobile-cellular subscriptions. Global penetration reaches 87%, and 79% in the developing world.
- World stats: Almost 6 billion active mobile-cellular subscriptions. Just over 1 billion fixed telephone lines.
- Of 1.8 billion households worldwide, 1/3 have Internet access, compared to only 1/5 five years ago.
- In developing countries, 25% of homes have a computer and 20% have Internet access.